These muffins make a great breakfast or snack. They are banana sweetened and totally versatile to add whatever add-ins you like. They are moist and simple to prepare in a blender or food processor.
3 large Bananas
3 cups of Almond Flour
A dash of Cinnamon
A dash of Salt
1 Tsp. pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
Additional add-ins: I used cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds, hemp protein powder, and goji berries. (I used about a tbsp of each.) But feel free to add chocolate chips, cranberries, or whatever you have on hand.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your muffin tins with liners or oil.
- Throw your bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and powder in your blender or food processor.
- Next, add in your almond flour and pulse until combined. You will probably need to scrape down the sides, but you got this.
- Add-ins can now be added and stirred in. You may want to gently fold these with a spoon.
- I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to add the batter to the muffin tins. I sprinkled mine with the shredded coconut.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until gently browned. Let cool and store in the fridge in an airtight container. Happy snacking!
Inspired by https://ifoodreal.com/almond-flour-banana-muffins/
Looking for other recipes to use up those bananas?
Have you tried banana ice cream? Check out this recipe