I don't know about you, but I love salads of all kinds. This root vegetable salad has such flavor and color.
- 2 large beets, diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- mixed greens/spinach/kale/arugula
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- nuts and seeds of your choice (walnuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds)
- feta cheese
- Homemade mustard dressing with stone ground mustard, olive oil, apple sauce, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar.
- Saute beets and sweet potatoes until soft.
- Place desired amount of mixed greens on each plate. Top with all salad topping ingredients. Add desired amount of dressing. Eat and Enjoy!
- Feeds 4-6 people
Recipe inspired by Nutritioninthekitch.com