Strength/Weight Training Benefits:
- You'll gain muscle and burn fat at the same time.
- You'll get stronger and have no problems lifting groceries, carrying your kids or grandkids, etc. What's not to look forward to when you get stronger?
- Your butt will tone up, better yet your whole body. Total body strength is best.
- Your metabolism will speed up. Strength is better than just cardio.
- Your bones will get stronger. As females, a hormone called estrogen has or plays an important role in helping in maintaining your bone density. (More on this)
- Weight training fights heart disease.
- Weight training strengthens the mind. Consistency is important and will change your mind about life. It will help with your self-confidence and a more positive outlook.
- Lifting weights burns calories. Cardio and a proper diet will help weight loss, but without a strength training program at the same time, you will lose muscle mass.
- Improve Posture and Reduce Back Pain. Weight training builds strength everywhere. Your core is the center of your body so don't forget about that too.
- Lifting weights greatly improves sleep quality and help in your ability to fall asleep faster, sleep deeper, and wake less often during the night.
- Enhances Mood and Reduces Stress with chemicals called endorphins. Let go, breath through those stressful times, manage it wisely. Check out my blog about stress management.
What are some other benefits of strength training? What else could benefit your body? Breathing. Stretching. Mindfulness. Create space for your shine and be stronger than yesterday.
Your workouts will become more enjoyable if you switch it up and do something different daily. Keep your body guessing and do what feels right for you. (I do follow a scheduled program that includes HIIT cardio, strength, stretching, and resting.)
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)