Essentials for Sore Muscles
- Drink lots of water. Hydrating is key. Keep those muscles hydrated, it can keep muscles cramping at bay.
- Foam rolling has become a rest day or after a tough workout necessity for me.
- A warm-up before workouts and stretching after all workouts is, in my opinion, a great help in reducing muscle soreness and faster recovery from workouts.
- Massages are a great self-care for stress, mental and physical health.
- Epson salts bath is a great way to relax tight muscles.
- Nutrition goes hand in hand with working out. Getting enough proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in your diet will help nourish your body and muscles.
- If you are going to exercise with sore muscles, try low impact activities like walking, yoga, pilates, or other restorative exercises.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul.